This video was spoken by Ali Pain the Tribunal's Consumer and Carer Engagement Officer

If you don't agree with your treatment order of compulsory treatment there are some things you can do.

You can talk to your treating team. At any time your treating psychiatrist can cancel your order.  

If you'd like help talking you your treating team you can contact Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA), or you can ask a family member, friend or a carer to help you talk to your treating team. 

If you'd like a second opinion from another psychiatrist you can contact the Second Psychiatric Opinion Service.  

If you'd like a written explanation of the Tribunal's decision you can ask for a statement of reasons. 

At any time you can ask for a new Tribunal hearing to have your treatment order cancelled, or you can appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).  

There are many things you can do and there's lots of information on our website.