The Tribunal are recruiting for the following positions on our Tribunal Advisory Group (TAG):
- 1 x Family, Carer and Supporter member who works at a public mental service in designated carer lived experience role
- 1 x Family, Carer and Supporter member with recent or current lived experience
The Tribunal Advisory Group (TAG) provides opportunities for lived and living experience consumers and family, carers and supporters to:
- shape and participate in the Mental Health Tribunal’s work
- advise and assist the Tribunal to maximise opportunities for consumer and carer engagement and participation in the activities of the Tribunal
- advise and provide input into the Tribunal’s operations and strategic planning.
Areas of particular consideration may include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic and business planning
- Providing advice to the Governance Group on documents, projects or other matters
- Recommending and contributing to projects, communications materials, education products and activities, website and other matters at the Tribunal
- Identifying consumer and carer related issues, and providing expert advice on those issues
- Providing opportunities for “two way” communication between the Tribunal and the consumer and carer communities.Promoting, facilitating and monitoring consumer and carer participation activities at the Tribunal
The Tribunal Governance Group may refer documents, projects or other matters to the TAG for advice and input.
In recognition of their time and expertise a fee of $220 per meeting is paid to all community TAG members. The total fee is intended to allow time for members to engage in pre-reading and other ad-hoc communications.
The meetings run for a period of up to three hours and are held bi-monthly on a Wednesday.
How to apply
For more information and how to apply visit our advertisement on ethicaljobs